Friday, September 30, 2011

Untitled uncertainty

maybe i am not cut out for this
all my friends tell me I am crazy
and secretly i know they are right
I stay out late and want too much
I am needy and wear my heart on my sleeve
there are moments when i think it's right
that i have it all figured out
finally
after all this time.

Then there are moments where I am unsure
moments of hesitation
and maybe it is these moments that lead me further away
from where we started
from where i thought i was
maybe we've come too far to go back
maybe you can never break up and start over again
maybe everyone is still clinging to that perfect person that got away
and nobody will ever compare
not me
not you
so why do any of us even try
to fill that void with something new
and maybe we are all stumbling in the dark
trying to figure it out as we go
and maybe we haven't gotten there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment